Tuesday 29 April 2008

Checking In (Belinda)

Hey, I am 151.2 today! A whole .4 of a pound down from last week.Considering the way I ate last week, this is God's grace.

On Thursday we had a manager's meeting at our house. We decided to walk to the Bond Head Restaurant for lunch. It is an old style diner. Someone ordered a milk shake--strawberry. The next thing I knew there were little icons popping up all over our heads containing images of milkshakes! I had my favourite flavour--vanilla! Someone else had chocolate. Mmmmm. They were so good. The straws stood up in the middle of the thick shakes made with real ice cream--no artificial thickeners...hey, wait a minute, I'm supposed to be writing about "stopping the slide" aren't I? :)

The next day for supper, on an impulse while waiting with Paul for his car at Canadian Tire, I suggested (yes, it was me) that we go to the chip wagon. I had very burnt fries and onion rings, which I had been longing for since Frank ordered them the day before at the Bond Head Restaurant.

I regretted my indulgence, but then on Sunday, Daughter-in-Law Susan, called to say, "We are going to the Dairy Queen for supper. Want to meet us there?"Well, one Peanut Buster Parfait later, and with Tuesday drawing awfully close by now, I thought "I need to stop this!"Yesterday I shaped up and found help in a can of V8 in my office, which helped keep me full for the evening and helped me say no to the ice cream Paul offered me on the way home from Newmarket.

So you see, it really is God's grace that I lost .4 of a pound this week. I didn't exercise either--much. I did go for two walks!A new week is beginning and I aim to do better. Last week wasn't a total failure because in between those splurges, I was actually counting points and living my "normal-stopping the slide"way.

1 comment:

Joyful Fox said...

Hey! I don't know how you do it! If I had a week like that, guaranteed I'd be up 5 lbs. I'm averaging 1.5 lbs. a week weight loss and that's with exercising 5 times a week and indulging mildly (in comparison) 2 days a week, but being mostly straight-laced.

Well, Maybe it's the hormones for me! This change of life, coupled with high stress levels (cortisol and adrenaline) and often less sleep than necessary doesn't help with weight loss.

I hope I don't sound envious. Surprised yes and smiling for you. It is incredulous to me somewhat. I need to stop my food addiction so I know I'm on the right path and you perhaps don't "wake-up" and wonder what's for dinner, mmm and how I can find a way to sneak a treat here or there. Oh yes, sometimes it's consuming or obsessive.

So, different paths but both desiring to make healthy choices overall for the right reasons. I admire you enjoying and celebrating with food liberally and still managing to lose weight in the process. Way to go!

Maybe 50's are a great place to be! Something to look forward to in 7 years!