Thursday 8 May 2008

Late Check In

This week I maintained the same weight; 151.2 on Tuesday morning.

I would have loved to be down a bit more, but I am happy to have at least held my ground.

I'm reading a little book entitled, Get Thin, Stay Thin, by Arthur W. Halliday, MD and Judy Wardell Halliday, RN. It actually looks like a pretty good book and so far I'm enjoying it. I find it helps to read something that inspires!

This book's premise is that our hunger may be emotional or spiritual, but that we mistake these for physical hunger and try to fill them with food.

Stay tuned for more on this as I read and absorb what it has to say.

This Friday I leave for two weeks in England. I will try to post from the local library so that you know how I'm doing. I will definitely be partaking of fish and chips, but I also compensate with getting much more exercise while there; doing lots of walking.

I have been so busy for a few weeks that I have really slid from exercise. I think that will be the key to getting to the next level down in poundage.

1 comment:

Joyful Fox said...

So often I feed my spiritual hunger with physical food so I can relate to the distinction.

It's learning not to take the easiest method and the most simple to satisfy.

Belinda,
I'll be specifically praying for you in your exercise and eating. I'll write more in a blogpost in the next week, but I know how hard it is to maintain discipline while away. Eating at another's home, routines mixed up, visiting, the socially created treats etc.

Love to you in this area as you travel and I'm cheering for you.