Wednesday 23 July 2008

Mid Week Check In

I just had to check in and say that I truly notice a difference since focusing on eating protein when hungry and minimizing carbs. I don't feel cravings, just normal satisfiable hunger.

Last night I was about to have a slice of chocolate mousse cake at cell group, but didn't, because I noticed my dear friend not having any dessert, and she is battling the same weakness as I. I didn't want to discourage her, like having a drink in front of an alcoholic. The point is that I didn't need it anyway, or have a piece after she left, or feel compelled to eat anything at all after she left.

In fact, I'm beginning to see that what felt like a food addiction may simply have been a physiological response to eating the wrong foods. Well, maybe any physical addiction has a physiological basis, if only we understood addictions better. I'm not saying that I intend to not enjoy a slice of chocolate mousse; I will--but I will make that choice for different reasons.

Anyway, I feel totally hopeful. Yeay! And I want to thank my friends for their encouragement a and praise God for this hope.

Psalm 103:2-5 (New International Version)
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Oh good for you - well done. I'm not normally a person who thinks eating = bad and not eating = good, but these are special circumstances and it's important to draw different lines for the time being.