Tuesday 3 June 2008

What Got Me Here

There's a book that I haven't read, with an amazing title that makes me want to read it: What Got You Here Won't Get You There.

Well, that's a word for me this morning.

I'm 154 this morning, and I know that I have to get serious to get beyond where I am. More of what I'm doing may maintain this weight at best. Is that what I want? No. So....

On 4 days a week (excluding Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays) I am going to stick to 22 points. On the the other 3 days, which are celebratory in terms of "community," I won't worry about the number 22, but I will fly straight, I promise, and not be a total numbskull when it comes to eating. I'll see how this works.

Exercise has been abysmal. I need much improvement. I will go for AT LEAST 3 exercise sessions.

These goals are measurable and achievable. I just have to do it--that's the trick! :) But I WANT to get beyond this silly mountain circling thing and so I HAVE to show some spunk!

2 comments:

Shan said...

I LOVE that title. "What Got You Here Won't Get You There".

Joyful Fox said...

Belinda,

You're starting to sound like me! I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

You goal setter, you!

That sounds like a plan with sticking to points 4 days a week - then it is a balance.

I also like the commitment to exercise. It is so good for you in so many ways.

Once it becomes a habit you'll begin to enjoy it and it won't seem so hard to fit it in. It'll be like church, bible study, and eating - well maybe that's a stretch.

I've heard it's 40 days to develop a habit.

My habit right now I'm developing is no carbs after 1:00p.m. I don't want to do this for the long haul but just to the end of June. Once I see some results, I'll see how I can slowly put some carbs back in - especially ones i enjoy. Is that all of them?

You'll get beyond your mountain Belinda, I know you will!

We'll do it together!