Sunday 30 May 2010

151.2

By Belinda

Another week, and going down, slooooowly, but going down--7 pounds since the start!

Every morning this week at 7.00 a.m. I have been out for a short walk with Molson--just under 2 km. On Saturday and Sunday, when I had more time, we walked 3.5 km each morning. I've even got out several times during the day at work for a quick round the block walk, to clear my head and get fresh air. I think I can safely say that walking is a daily habit and I'm loving it. I think that walking what seems like a short distance, but doing it daily, has been a key thing. It's too little to seem impossible or inconvenient. It only takes 20 minutes. Molson loves it too.

I'm finding that eating is so much less of a problem than it has been to this point in my life. I think it's a combination of realizing the fat addiction, reading a book that is helpful (Press Pause Before You Eat by Linda Mintle) and deciding that since I turn 60 on June 1st, I would like to be my "best me" for the years from here on.

Writing here is a key part of my encouragement too.

No comments: