Tuesday 4 May 2010

Hope is Rising

By Belinda

I am writing this from England--the land of clotted cream teas and fish and chips (and many other delicious treats.)

I have to send this update because I have this seed of hope rising in me that something has really changed with my epiphany about fat addiction.

On Monday--the day of my flight, I had many details to cover before leaving. I had a bowl of 1/2 a cup of Presidents Choice Fibre 1 cereal with milk  for breakfast. I have noticed before that this cereal is one of the most satisfying things I can eat.

I had a lunch in the fridge, but I never did get time to sit down and eat it and fortunately I wasn't hungry, but here's the thing. I ate the cereal at 7.00 a.m. and I didn't eat another bite until we were at the airport at 5.15 p.m., when I had a tossed salad with grated cheese. Of course it isn't healthy to go without a noon meal, but I am so surprised by how long Fibre 1 keeps me satisfied.

On the plane we finally ate at about 9.00 p.m. and then had another meal (hot breakfast of baked beans, a one egg ommelette and a roll) at 1.00 a.m. just before we landed.

Today I ate a mid morning snack of a banana, 3 Ryvita crackers with margarine and a poached egg for lunch and Rob, my brother made us a macaroni and cheese sauce dish for supper. That's it folks! Short on veggies for sure, but I'll be buying some tomorrow.

Oh, I also chased Bruce, a Staffordshire bull terrier made of solid muscle, around a playing field for as long as I could. He was carrying a huge stick in his mouth while running and every now and then made it easy for me to grab it and pull. I called that resistance training!

No comments: