Monday 27 February 2012

Dukan Diet End of Week 4

By Belinda
154.8
Last week was a "celebratory week." I had a granddaughter's 14th birthday dinner out in a restaurant, and cooked an appreciation lunch for an Events Committee at work. The Events Committee are all people who love hospitality and they all insist on bringing food, even though I am trying to lavish appreciation on THEM! Long story short--it was a small miracle that on Sunday morning when I weighed in I was only a pound and a half more than the week before. 


It was disappointing though and I didn't want to post 154.8. I tried to convince myself it was (don't laugh) because I hadn't produced any waste products to speak of since last Thursday (trying to put it delicately!) Talk about rationalization. :)


I have been following the easiest path in Dr. Dukan's book (for those who have only a little weight to lose--two protein days, with eating normally (but not extremes) in between. Even at 154.8 I was down 7lb from my highest weight in January, but I could see that the progress this way was going to be slow. One pound a week is not bad at all, but a week with a few extras can thwart progress towards my goal.


What encouraged me was my friend Susan entering the fray as well. On Sunday I decided, after a protein day on Saturday, to do a vegetable and protein day (for the first time) in solidarity with her because we had a fundraising soup and sandwich lunch at church and I didn't want her to feel left out. It ended up that I did myself a big favour because this morning I weighed in at a respectable 153 1b. 


As a result I decided today to follow the plan where you do two protein days (mine will be Monday and Saturday) and vegetables and proteins for five days. I may make an exception for special meals, but still this form of the Cruise phase of the diet will get me to my goal weight more quickly.


Susan has enthusiastically improved on the galette recipe by adding baking soda to make them more fluffy, and adding spices and flavourings to zip them up. These are her recipes for 4 galattes:

       8 tablespoons oat bran

8 tablespoons plain yogurt

4 eggs (or equivalent in egg whites)

1 level teaspoon baking soda

For sweet:  2 tablespoons splenda, 1 level teaspoon cinnamon (more to taste if you like)

For savoury:  2 teaspoons onion powder (or cut up some fresh onions and throw them in), pepper, salt  (or any other kind of spices which suit your fancy - italian spice, roasted red peppers, garlic, etc, etc)

Cool on a baking rack.  

I continue to have so much hope that this way of eating; this plan; is something I can use to get where I long to be and stay there for life.


No comments: