Saturday 17 September 2011

Getting Back on the Horse

By Belinda
157.2

I just inspired myself by rereading some  old posts here. I realize how much I have drifted in focus and drifted up in weight.

I feel so much better when I'm even 5 pounds less than I am now. Truly, nearly everything in my closet is too tight to wear and I refuse to buy a size bigger.

Seeing that I started where I am now, last year, and I did slowly but surely lose weight, is so encouraging. I did it then and can do it again. It just means caring for my body enough to nourish it with good things rather than junk, and reminding myself of both my addictions and what starts the cycle of craving and the connection between the kind of food eaten and how full I feel.

I don't want to be a frumpy old lady. I want to be my best me, no matter how old I am.


1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm with ya, B'a. I've reduced the amounts I eat, but now I HAVE to do something about the quality of "food" I take in.

You a frumpy old lady? I can't imagine that! :)