Tuesday 5 August 2008

Strong Arms in the Making

Psalm 144:1 (New International Version)
Of David.
1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.

I have always loved this verse from psalm 144. I find it inspirational and the image I get is of good strength.

This week I weigh 151.4, but this journey is becoming less and less about numbers and more about a healthy lifestyle all around.

I'm loving my walks with Molson; sometimes chasing grandchildren on bikes at a jog-walk. It's happening about 5 nights a week and I can see that I'm trimmer for it.

This weekend I pulled out my old Weight Watchers pamphlets and reread some of them. There are a couple with exercises to tone the arms and legs. On Sunday I started with the arms. Tomorrow I'll start with the leg exercises and add these 15 minute workouts on alternate days.

I can FEEL the muscles under my skin responding and coming to life--being stimulated. It's a good feeling.

2 comments:

Joyful Fox said...

Hi Belinda,

Way to go on tuning your lifestyle and becoming more active. Even the energy derived from activity is such a powerful feeling.

Praise to Him who gives us strength!

Shan said...

Good for you, Belinda.

I like that slightly sore feeling you get when you've been muscle-building. It feels so proactive!